Wednesday, April 25, 2007

love story 3,4 & 5

He started smoking. She asked if he’d mind some coffee given that they were both cold and waiting.
Waiting for something. Anything actually.

“How did your wedding go? Show me your wife’s photo.”
“Alright. I don’t have one on the phone.”

“Life doesn’t stop. It comes a full circle.”

Her bet was always on Life.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The road was emptied by the sudden shower.
Their shadows moved through broken branches, leaves, broken pieces carried by the dust-storm. Occasionally the headlights of speeding vehicles would startle them. She tried very hard to keep-up with his gait.
There was not a cab in sight.

It was raining on the tumult of the storm.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two days later, her phone beeped

“I don’t know whether I should say thanks. But you made me feel better, much better.”
She wrote “We better our own selves; the world is just a vehicle.”
But was met with “There is a word ‘Rekindle’. That’s it.”

That evening it rained again.
“Love story, come again.”

2 comments:

Prashanth said...

This is a fascinating piece. A lot has been portrayed within such brevity.
Altho', I scratch my head a bit over this line: "It was raining on the tumult of the storm."

Thanks for this post

Shreyasi Deb said...

Prashanth,
I take a bow. Thanks