Monday, March 26, 2007

Martinis

Excitement writ large on two faces

Martinis. Classic.

Smiling, he murmured

How do I make it?
Childlike glee turned cherubic disappointment
Charmed, he promised fairy godmother-like
Don’t worry, I’ll find out!

Wish I had a flowing gown to match that classy conical glass!

I’d wish I was on a romantic date but this is better!


~o~o~o~



~o~o~o~


Martinis we said, not champagne!!!


No glasses available, ma’am

he tossed

Enthusiasm renewed, they faced each other

3 olives, 2 olives, here’s yours and here’s mine and here’s to us!


It’s so…Bitter?Awful!Absolutely!

Martini dreams discarded, they split a dish of calamari and reminisced often during the friendship born over a disastrous martini.

~o~o~o~

2 comments:

Shreyasi Deb said...

hmmm....the photo makes it even more potent and the yummy calamari :-)

IdeaSmith said...

@ Shreyasi: This one is fiction based on real life. And that photograph was taken for this post. :-)